Ruins of Adventure
Her name means "I take what I want".
İstediğimi Alırım, Isti for short, is a member of the gang of the notorious bandit, Noriss the Grey.
Originally a member of the Mooneye Clan, Isti left her family’s cave after having a spat with the clan’s “Mother” over what constitutes “personal property”. While the Mooneye’s are not known for violence, Isti feels that she barely escaped with her life. She has elaborate stories about being chased by glaze-eyed humans and goblins enthralled to the whims of Mother Mooneye—daring escapes, hiding in crannies, cunning traps, and everything else you’d expect. Noriss never really believes her tall tales about these exploits, but she always gets her fair share of the loot, so she doesn’t really care what he believes.
Isti is a “devout” (sort of, kind of, maybe) follower of Gaknulak, “Old Gakky” she calls him, the kobold god of traps, trickery, and ambushes. She doesn’t really bother with the regular trappings of religion, even kobold religion, not really being into the fur-bleaching or ugly orange robes, but does pray every morning and gets a few spells for her trouble (though they sometimes fail). Isti thinks of herself as a thief, and isn’t bad as such, and her loyalty is, first and foremost, to her gang and not her god.
Her main role in Noriss’s gang is as a trapsmith, engineer, and navigator—finding new routes in and out of the gang’s subterranean lair, planning new construction and renovation of sewer tunnels, and laying all manner of mechanical pits, traps, deadfalls, and defenses to keep out adventurers, beggars, rival thieves, and other riffraff.
Race: Kobold, Female
Homeland: Mooneye Tribe
Class: Specialty Priest
Alignment: Non-Chaotic, Evil
Next Level: 35000
Max Level: 9th
|Wis||12||Intuition||12||5% chance of spell failure|
Hit Points: 30
Armor Class: 16 (leather armor, Dex)
Base Attack Bonus: +3
- Paralyzation/Poison/Death: 9
- Rod/Staff/Wand: 13
- Petrification/Polymorph: 12
- Breath Weapon: 15
- Spells: 14
|Weapons||# Att||Att Bonus||Dmg||Dmg (L)||Speed||Range||Special|
|Townsend||1||+4||2d4+1||1d6+1||8||melee||Magic, Stun corporeal undead|
Thief Skills: (armor included)
Non-Weapon Proficiencies: General, Priest, Rogue
|Modern Language (Common)||14||Fast Talking||14|
|Modern Language (Yip Yak)||14||Set Snares||14|
|Modern Language (Chuklian)||14||Religion||12|
|Modern Language (Tharian)||14||Brewing||14|
|Local History (Moonsea)||14||Running||6|
|Fungi Recognition||17||Underground Navigation||14|
|Defensive Tactics||10||Water Walking||14|
Allowed Weapons and Armor:
- Weapons: Blowgun, Dagger, Dart, Hand Axe, Hand Crossbow, Sling, Spear, One-handed Swords
- Armor: Leather Armor, no shields.
Cleric Spells: Caster level 6th
- Major: Air, All, Charm, Divination, Earth, Guardian, Illusion†, Protection, Wards
- Minor: Combat, Summoning
- 1st level: Anti-Vermin Barrier, Audible Glamer, Beneficence, Bless, Blood Bond, Call Upon Faith, Calm, Ceremony, Chameleon, Change Self, Cleanse, Color Blindness, Combine, Create Air, Curse of Tongues, Deep Breath, Deflection, Detect Balance, Detect Disease, Detect Evil, Detect Harmony, Detect Magic, Detect Metals and Minerals, Detect Poison, Detect Predator, Detect Untruth, Discern Elven Influence, Divining Rod, Elemental Bonding, Empathy, Endure Cold/Heat, Face Blur, False Tracks, Find Water, Hibernate, Illusory Talent, Know Faction, Know History, Lesser Distraction, Magical Stone, Masque Mask, Normal Aura, Nystul’s Magic Aura, Om, Omen, Orison, Phantsamal Force, Protection from Evil, Protection from Prime, Protection from Silver, Purify Food & Drink, Purify Self, Rainshield, Read Languages, Reflected Image, Remove Fear, Resist, Ring of Hands, Sacred Guardian, Sanctify Ghi, Santuary, Scribe, Sense Direction, Spook, Tasso’s Shriek, Trance, Treasure Scent, Ventriloquism, Waterfloat, Weapon Bless, Weighty Chest, Wind Column
- 2nd level: Alustriel’s Banner, Apparition, Arm Hammers, Augury, Aura of Terror, Blindness, Blur, Channel Stench, Chant, Commune with Lesser Spirits, Dancing Shadows, Deafness, Death Prayer, Death Talisman, Deepen Shadows, Detect Charm, Detect Life, Draw Upon Holy Might, Drawmij’s Scent Mask, Dust Devil, Echoes, Elonia’s Glamer, Enhance Turning, Fascinate, Find Traps, Frisky Chest, Gloom, Hypnotic Pattern, Improved Phantasmal Force, Invisibility, Iron Vigil, Know Alignment, Know Language, Leomund’s Trap, Magic Trick, Mirror Image, Misdirection, Murmuring Masses, Mystic Transfer, Priest Lock, Protection from Charm, Protection from Orisons, Protection from Spirits, Renewed Ability, Request, Resist Acid and Corrosion, Resist Fire/Cold, Sanctify, Sand Shadow, Silence, 15-ft. Radius, Siren Song, Slave Scent, Spiritual Hammer, Steal Breath, Steep Soma-Juice, Tracking, Translate, Tunnel Vision, Warning, Warp Sense, Whispers, Winds of Change, Witch’s Glamor, Withdraw, Words of Fire, Wyvern Watch, Zone of Deception, Zone of Truth
- 3rd level: Air Lens, Arachnophobia, Bestow Minor Curse, Call Spirit, Castigate, Circle of Secrets, Compel, Conjure Lesser Elemental (Air, Earth), Curse of Black Sand, Detect Cursed Item, Detect Illusion, Dismiss Undead, Dispel Magic, Dream Vision, Dust Shield, Earthenair, Efficacious Monster Ward, Find Portal, Fostered Protection, Frenzy of the Celts, Glyph of Warding, Greater Distraction, Hold Undead, Illusionary Script, Inkjet, Invisibility 10-ft. Radius, Invisibility Purge, Invisibility to Spirits, Laeral’s Dancing Dweomer, Levitate, Line of Protection, Locate Object, Lorloveim’s Creeping Shadow, Magical Vestment, Mailed Might, Meld into Stone, Night’s Jambiya, Nightscar, Numbness, Oath, Oil Spray, Paralyzation, Prayer, Protection from Amorphs, Protection from Earth, Protection from Winds, Remove Curse, Resist Injury, Reverse Fossilization, Sand Spray, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Cloak, Spectral Force, Squeaking Floor, Stone Shape, Stoneiron, Summon Animal Spirit, Sympathetic Magic I, Talon’s Skitmaster, Talon’s Soundmaster, That Art Thou, Thunderclap, Unearthly Choir, Wind and Rain Protection, Windbearer, Zone of Sweet Air
- 1st level: Call Upon Faith, Elemental Bonding, Wind Column
- 2nd level: Aura of Terror, Renewed Ability, Silence 15-ft. Radius
- 3rd level: Invisibility 10-ft. Radius, Prayer
- Kobolds have infravision to a range of 30 feet.
- Kobolds gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls vs. gnomes, due to their racial hatred for such creatures.
- Traps set by a Kobold impose a -5% penalty per level of the Kobold to an opponent’s Find Traps roll. The opponent’s chance to remove a trap once found is not penalized.
- Unless kobold characters display special capabilities, intelligent and powerful opponents are likely to attack them last of all.
- †Priests of Gaknulak can use wizard spells from the Illusion school as if they were priest spells of the same level. They pray for these spells normally and do not need to learn them individually. This ability only applies to spells that are entirely Illusion, they cannot use spells that belong to other schools.
- Mooneyes, regardless of class, are able to attract a familiar as a wizard. A Mooneye can cast find familiar once per year (he must still provide the necessary material components).
- Mooneyes have extensive experience with poisons giving them the same chance to identify a poison as an Assassin.
- Bright light hurts kobold eyes, giving them a -1 penalty to their attack rolls when in direct sunlight.
- Kobolds are small-sized. They cannot use Large-sized weapons and must wield Medium-sized weapons in two hands.
- As small-sized creatures, kobolds have 2/3 the carrying capacity of a human of equal strength.
- What a kobold finds attractive or appealing is generally backwards from that of other races. A Kobold’s NPC reaction modifier (based on his Appearance score) is reversed when dealing with non-Kobolds (i.e. a kobold with high Appearance has a penalty on NPC reactions, a kobold with low Appearance has a bonus). Against other kobolds, his Charisma modifiers work normally.
- Like all goblinoid deities, Priests of Gaknulak cannot turn undead.
- Because of the magical influence exerted by the Mother Mooneye on her clan, all Mooneyes suffer a -1 penalty on saving throws against Enchantment and Charm spells and effects.
- Priests of Gaknulak gain 15 points to spend on Thief skills per level after 1st.
- At each level after 1st, the Shinobi gains 10 discretionary points to divide among her Thief skills.
- At 7th level, a Priest of Gaknulak can cast Enlarge on himself once per day. This increases the priest to 200% normal size. Any gnome or faerie creature (sprites, brownies, pixies, etc.) within 20 feet of the transformation is affected as if by a cause fear spell (save vs. spells negates).
before looting the former PCs