- Ulrich Eberhard: An ancient-looking man, head of the council at this time. He is mean-spirited and hard, not likely to win friends. He handles most money negotiations and is a very hard bargainer. Eberhard’s wealth is largely tied up in selling arms manufactured in Melvaunt and Thentia to the more militant city-states to the south. He hopes to reclaim the old Eberhard Mansion in the wealthy district.
- Werner von Urslingen: A middle-aged man, is a retired captain of the Hillsfarran Red Plumes and represents their interests in the city. He shares many of the prejudices stereotypical of Hillsfarrans (disliking both non-humans and wizards of all kinds). If contacted away from the council chambers, he can offer advice on the actual planning and fighting aspects of a mission.
- Bishop Braccio: The head of the church of Tyr in the Moonsea region and leader of the religious community in Phlan, he generally has little to say in council meetings. In addition to the political clout afforded by his station, he has become quite rich off of the parochial holdings of the Phlan bishopric, and stands to become even wealthier if the old temple and its associated lands are restored.
- Karistos Mondaviak: A wizened old man, near to death, but an extremely wealthy vintner and wine-merchant nonetheless. The Mondaviak family once owned considerable lands along the Stojanow, but most of Karistos’s wealth derives from his vineyards in Elmwood and northern Harrow Dale. He only shows up at the most important council-meetings, usually attended by his youngest son Markos or his lawyer Bennudius. The heir to his council seat is his estranged elder son Rudolfo, said to be studying alchemy in Mulmaster.
- Aldron Folbre: The Folbres, headed by the young and very handsome Aldron Folbre, have been in the Moonsea region for a mere 20 years and are still considered newcomers in some quarters, but they are very rich. Aldron is a serious and ambitious businessman, a combination that has brought him considerable profits since he took over the family business on his father’s death. Though some say his wealth is coming too easily, he is a very likeable person and is on friendly terms with members of both the Mondaviak and Cadorna families. One of his best friends is the young heir, Markos Mondaviak, and the two are often seen together hunting, hawking, or engaging in any of the other activities that amuse rich fops.
- Porphyrys Cadorna: The dilletante son of one of the old families of Phlan, he is the least influential member of the council. Most of his family’s wealth was tied up in deeds to lands and factories in Old Phlan. While he still holds the deeds, they are basically worthless until the old city is reclaimed—and he thus has a much higher stake in the city’s success than some of the other councilmen. Having be raised in Zhentil Keep, he tends to come across as spiteful and unpleasant (as do most people from that most-evil of cities).
- Elissa Bivant: A seat on the council is reserved for House Bivant, the last extant noble house of Old Phlan. The last surviving heir of House Bivant is Elissa, a girl of fourteen years and ward of Ulrich Eberhard. She stands to inherit considerable wealth (House Bivant owns several gem mines in Damara and Vaasa) when she comes of age and has been actively courted by both Markos and Rudolfo Mondaviak, and by Porphyrys Cadorna. For now Master Eberhard has command of House Bivant’s resources and has been tapping them heavily to pay the many adventurers operating in New Phlan.