The following proclamations have been posted outside the Council Hall:
From the City Council of New Phlan to all brave and hearty adventurers:
Be it known that the council has proclaimed a generous bounty for each undead killed within the bounds of Valhingen Graveyard. Be it also known that in addition to said bounty, the council is willing to provide a special enchanted item, useful in the destruction of undead, to any group of adventurers which accepts the commission to cleanse Valhingen Graveyard. Apply to the city clerk for said commission.
Be it known that the council is interested in obtaining information concerning bands of insect-men known to plague the grassy planes to the west of New Phlan. Said insect men are a hazard to transportation to and from Zhentil Keep. A reward is offered to any person or persons who return with complete information on the, location, disposition, and intentions of the insect-men. Apply to the council clerk for a commission.
Be it known that the council is interested in clearing obstacles to establishing a trade route to the east. Said obstacles currently include an infestation of lizard men in the swamps to the east. A reward is offered to any who can locate the source of the infestation and remove the lizard men as an obstacle to trade. A commission may be obtained from the Council Clerk.
Be it known that beginning this, the twenty-eighth day of Eliasis, The Year of the Helm, 1362, the the buying and selling of male and female slaves of humanoid disposition shall not be allowed within the bounds of New Phlan. Any person or persons found to be engaged in the buying or selling of a humanoid slave shall be subject to a fine of not less than twenty and not more than 60 gold coins, and all properties, both fiscal and personal, associated with such a transaction shall be remit to the sole use and discretion of the Council of New Phlan in perpetuity.
Be it known that the Council has proclaimed a generous bounty for any information pertaining to the rash of petrifications happening in the are around the Old Library. Be it also known that an additional award shall be presented for the removal of this threat to our city and its people. A commission may be obtained from the Council Clerk.
The following advertisments have been posted outside the Training Hall:
The Council of New Phlan has immediate openings for instructors in the arts of Mysticism, Shadow Walking, and Genie Binding at the Public Training Hall of New Phlan. Only fully-credentialed, trained educators with extensive field experience need apply. These are full-time positions and may include some administrative and student advisement work. Starting pay is 100gp per week (commensurate with experience). Candidates should present themselves to the clerk of the Council of New Phlan.
An Addendum: All faculty positions for Practitioners of Other Arts have been filled. No further applications for these positions are being accepted. Anyone attempting to put forward such an application shall be ejected from the premises immediately.
An Addendum to the Addendum: All faculty positions for the schools of Magecraft, Languages, and General Education have been filled. No further applications for these positions are being accepted. Anyone attempting to put forward such an application shall be ejected from the premises and set on fire.
…This means you Silren. — signed Taleah Loughgren
An Addendum to the Addendum to the Addendum: Be it known that we have a faculty opening in the School of Magecraft. Only wizards showing particular aptitude and specialization in their field need apply. No applications for Generalists are being accepted at this time. Anyone attempting to put forward such an application shall be ejected from the premises, set on fire, and thrown off the wall.
…This means you Silren. — signed Taleah Loughgren
By Personal Request of Councilman Ulrich Eberhard
Be it known that a
substantial award reward of ten-thousand fifteen-thousand twenty-thousand twenty-five-thousand gold pieces shall be offered to any heroes recovering the painting titled “False Chanterelle” by the artist Sheklesh from the grounds of Kadorna Mansion. Those wishing to claim the reward should bring the fully intact painting to Eberhard House during the first or second watch. Ask for Guillaume.
Notice: Heroes and Sellswords needed
for research expedition. Some potentially dangerous work hunting monsters, but pay is excellent. Must be willing to work in the presence of magic. For more information, seek out Velinax the Vermilian and Tarren Traskar at the Laughing Goblin.
An artifact of GREAT POWER discovered in the ruins of the Old Library. Auction to take place in the plaza in front of the Cadorna Textile Mill, at two bells after the Forenoon Watch, on the Feast of the Moon.
General Rumors about Town
- The Council refused the Xvimlar’s petition for official recognition again. This can only mean war with the North-siders.
- With the new wall complete, housing prices in the old Slums are starting to skyrocket, forcing people out into the district around Kuto’s Well.
- Because of food shortages, the Council has put forward a bill to outlaw all festival activities during the Feast of the Moon.
- Matteo’s smithy had to close down after the council started dumping criminals off the New Wall right beside his shop.
- A group of monstrous insurgents, apparently going by the callsign ‘F-K-A’ have built a fort right outside the New Wall, right under the Red Plumes noses.
- Several new businesses have opened inside the New Wall. Not that anyone can afford them with the Council’s tarrifs.
- Dozens of adventurers have hunted for the Basilisk believed to be stalking the Old City. Most haven’t returned. Those that did were empty-handed.
- The new Pub being built just inside the New Wall is supposedly run by a dwarf, but says it’ll be serving Hillsfarran Dragonbreath Ale. How’d they pull that off?
- The Marquis of Kryptgarden has shown up in Council Session again. Guess he wasn’t killed after all.
- The Cheeseeater Goblins claim their homes and farms were attacked by a Gnoll raiding party.