Eddie Eddison


Eddie, along with many of the settlers traveling to Phlan aboard Valkur’s Wake, hails from Featherdale. His father, Eddie Jameson, runs a bakery in Wright’s Ferry, but Eddie Jr. never really took to it. When his spinster aunt, Jeyne (aged 29) declared that she was moving to Phlan in hopes of finding a suitor or at least a new life, Eddie Sr. sent him along (because a woman should not travel alone).

A bright-faced young man of 14 years, he idolizes Durell and has always longed to follow in his hero’s footsteps. When he heard Durell was also traveling to Phlan, he was overjoyed. When Durell asked him to hold his staff and bow when pirates attacked the ship, he was swift to volunteer. When Durell’s companions offered him a suit of magic armor and a magical sword after the fight, his head practically exploded! Eddie is going to be an adventurer just like his hero, and nothing is going to convince him otherwise now…

Though not much of a fighter, Eddie is a quick learner in all regards, and has learned a “wee-bit” of magic from his aunt Jeyne.

Age: 14 years (physically 24 years)
Height: 5 ft. 11 in.
Weight: 181 lbs.


Race: Human (1/8th Elf, but his family doesn’t like to talk about it)
Homeland: Featherdale
Class: Runeblade
Kit: Adventurer
Alignment: Non-Lawful, Non-Evil
Religion: Young and impressionable
Level: 5th
Experience: 73,605 (ready to level x2)
Next Level: 27,500
Max Level: Unlimited

Ability Scores:

Str 13 Stamina 10 Weight Allowance: 40 lbs
Muscle 16 +1 Damage Max Press: 195 lbs Feat of Strength 30%
Dex 13 Aim 12
Balance 14
Con 16 Health 19 System Shock 98% Poison Save +1 Power Points: +4
Fitness 12 Resurrection Survival 85%
Int 12 Reason 9 Max Spell Level 4th Spells/Level 11
Knowledge 15 +4 proficiencies Paths +2 Learn Spell 65%
Wis 14 Intuition 10 Spell Failure 15%
Willpower 18 Mental Saves +4 Power Points: +3
Cha 14 Leadership 12 Henchmen 5
Appearance 15 NPC Reactions +3


  • Initiative: +0
  • Surprise: +0
  • NPC Reaction: +3
  • Movement: 9 (in armor)

Combat Statistics:
Hit Points: 16
Armor Class: 4 (brigandine)
THAC0: 18
Saves: +2 vs. Mental effects

  • Paralyzation/Poison/Death: 14 (+1 vs. Poison)
  • Rod/Staff/Wand: 11
  • Petrification/Polymorph: 13
  • Breath Weapon: 15
  • Spells: 12
Weapons # Att Att Bonus Dmg Dmg (L) Speed Range Special
Light Blade of Durell 3 / 2 rounds +1 2d4+2 1d6+3 5 melee
Hoe 1/round +0 1d3 1d2 7 melee

Thief Skills: (in armor)

OL HN 15%
F/RT CW 45%

Non-Weapon Proficiencies:

  • Available Groups: Craft, Martial, Sorcerous
Modern Languages (Common) 12 Animal Grooming 12
Modern Languages (Cormanthan) 12 Animal Handling 11
Modern Languages (Tharian) 12 Land-based Riding 15
Literacy 13 Quick Study by skill, -3
Runecraft 14 Feign Sleep 12
Fire Building 11 Hiding 11
Fishing 11 Tracking 6
Awareness 12

Weapon Proficiencies:
Pole Weapons Broad Group
Blades Broad Group

Special Powers:

  • All Dalesman gain a +2 bonus to morale checks when they are engaged in battle anywhere in the Dalelands. In addition, each Dalesman gains a +1 to attack rolls and saving throws when fighting in defense of his home Dale.
  • Use Scrolls: Because of their early exposure to magical runes, the Runeblade has a 50% chance to use any magical scroll, book, or other written magical item. If the Runeblade fails to accurately read the scroll, usually something detrimental occurs, such as the spell backfiring.
  • Rune Magic: Runeblades can create magical runes, as described for the Runecaster. Because they are less practiced at creating runes than a true Runecaster, a Runeblade increases the time necessary to scribe a rune by 3 units. Thus the Annam’s Unblinking Eye rune, which normally requires 3d4 hours to scribe, would instead require 3d4+3 hours.


Runes Known: Triumph, Shield, Iron Can’t Bite
Active Runes: 5 at a time

Shaping Time: 1d3+3 hours
This powerful rune is inscribed upon the blade of a weapon. If the rune is properly activated, the next time that weapon is used in combat, its wielder may add +2 to all his damage rolls and treat the weapon as though it is +2 for the purposes of attacking creatures struck only by enchanted blades. (The wielder does not receive the +2 bonus to his attack rolls.) This bonus lasts for the duration of a single combat, after which the rune fades away.

Iron Can’t Bite

  • Shaping Time: 2d20+3 minutes
  • The rune is shaped for a particular person and carved onto a wooden amulet. The charm must be donned as soon as it is carved. This must be worn around the neck at all times. Thereafter, the wearer suffers one point less damage from all attacks made with weapons. The rune is effective as long as the character wears the amulet or until the character’s hit points are reduced to 0. If the rune is removed for any reason, its power is broken. Certain magical devices may also negate the effectiveness of the rune. A character can only use one of these runes at a time.


  • Shaping Time: 1d8+3 turns
  • When placed upon a shield, this rune improves that shield’s AC benefit by an additional +1. This effect lasts only for the duration of the next battle in which the shield is used.


  • None.

Advancement Notes

  • Armor Allowed: Chainmail or lighter armor. No shields.
  • Weapons Allowed: Any Melee weapons.
  • Gain 1 Weapon and 1 Non-weapon proficiency slot per level.
  • Learn 1 Rune every odd-numbered level.
  • +10% per level chance to use magical scrolls (max 90%).
  • Intercept Secrets: Can learn “secret” languages (such as Thieves’ Cant or Druidic) at the normal proficiency cost.
  • Men at Arms: At 9th level, a Runeblade who has established a stronghold attracts 20 to 200 0th-level men-at-arms as followers.
  • Resist Symbols: Starting at 11th level, the Runeblade’s experience with magical runes and glyphs makes him completely immune to the effects of the Explosive Runes, Glyph of Warding, and Symbol spells. He never triggers these spells when looking on them, and suffers no ill effects from being in the area when another triggers them.


  • +2 Brigandine Armor (35 lbs)
  • Light Blade of Durell
  • Peasants Garb: Tunic, Breeches, Sandals
  • Rucksack (1 lb)
    • Beef Sausages (2 lbs)
    • Loaf of Black Bread (1 lb)
    • Wheel of Cheddar (2 lbs)
    • Pint of Honey (1.5 lbs)
    • Bag of Walnuts (1 lb)
    • Waterskin, 1-gallon (9 lbs)
    • Wool Blanket (3 lbs)
    • Straw Pillow (.5 lbs)
    • Knife (.5 lbs, for cutting food)
    • Duck Call Whistle
    • 5 copper pieces (hidden in the bottom)
  • Sosser Horse (copper stallion)
    • Riding Saddle w/ Stirrups, Saddle Blanket, Small Saddle Bags,
    • Horseshoes, Bridle (no bit), Halter,


Base Speed: 12

Total Weight of Gear: 61.5 lbs. (light)

  • Without Rucksack: 40 lbs (light)
Unencumbered Light Moderate Heavy Severe Max
Weight 0 – 30 lbs. 31-65 lbs. 66-100 lbs. 101-135 lbs. 136-169 lbs. 170 lbs
Movement 12 9 6 5 2 1

Eddie Eddison

Ruins of Adventure Brand_Darklight Durell_Farnhed