Ruins of Adventure
A Minotaur Paladin with a mission
- Initiative: +0
- Surprise: +0
- NPC Reaction: +0
- Height: 92 inches
- Weight: 503 lbs
- Age: 27
Hit Points: 0
Armor Class: 10 (0 Dex, 0 Armor)
Base Attack Bonus: +3
- Paralyzation/Poison/Death: 13
- Rod/Staff/Wand: 15
- Petrification/Polymorph: 14
- Breath Weapon: 16
- Spells: 16
|Weapons||# Att||Att Bonus||Dmg||Dmg (L)||Speed||Range||Special|
|Weapon||1||+0||1dX+0||1dX+0||0||0 / 0 / 0|
Non-Weapon Proficiencies: General, Warrior, Priest
|Modern Languages (Common)||00||Land-based Riding||00|
|Modern Languages (Minotaur)||00||Appraising||00|
|Modern Languages (Thorasta)||00||Spellcraft||00|
Recommended Languages: Illuskan, Bothii, Thorass, Northern, Cormanthan
9 empty slots (includes Knowledge bonus)
5 empty slots
-Gain a +1 bonus to disbelieve illusions (saving throw vs. spell) and a +1 saving throw bonus against fear.
-All able-bodied adventurers of Elturel are recruited into the Hell Riders of Elturel, an elite company of mercenaries. These characters receive a suit of crimson and white plate mail and a light warhorse with for free their commissions.
- all characters created with this kit receive a +2 bonus to their starting Charisma score.
- Receive a +2 bonus to their attack rolls and saving throws when on horseback. This does not indicate any special training, only that they have been riding horses almost since they were born and have a natural affinity for the reaction their mount will have to any given circumstance.
- Minotaurs gain hit dice by class and receive 6 bonus hit points at 1st level.
- Minotaurs are large creatures and can carry 50% more than a human of similar strength.
- A Minotaur’s tough hide grants him +4 to his natural AC. As with all creatures with natural armor, this is superseded by (does not stack with) actual worn armor. Armor that grants an armor bonus of +4 or less grants a +1 bonus to the minotaur’s AC (this does stack).
- Minotaurs gain a +2 bonus on all surprise rolls, a product of their natural cunning and sharp senses.
- Minotaurs can track prey by scent and gain Tracking as a bonus non-weapon proficiency.
- Minotaurs are immune to maze spells and gain Direction Sense as a bonus non-weapon proficiency.
- Minotaurs receive a +3 bonus to their morale scores, including saves vs. magical fear effects.
- Minotaurs have infravision to a range of 60 feet.
- As skilled traders and merchants, the people of Elturel are less suited to combat than other adventurers. After all, fighting is bad for business. Because of this, all characters designed with this kit take a -1 penalty to their result when they roll for new hit points after gaining a level (minimum 1). This penalty is no longer applied after the 10th level, since no new Hit Dice are gained after then.
-Some folk say that the greatest disadvantage of coming from Elturel is always smelling like a horse. While this may or may not be true of individuals, it does have some basis in truth. The same natural affinity that gives these folk a bonus to their attack rolls and saving throws when they ride into battle makes it difficult for them to respond quickly when they are not on horseback. To reflect this, all characters from Elturel suffer a -2 penalty on any saving throw they make when not on horseback.
-All Hell Riders must give 10% of all their earnings back to the city’s coffers. Furthermore, there are no former members of the Hell Riders, since so many die in battle. Those who wish to resign are given difficult tasks for their final missions; if they succeed, a Hell Rider can resign, but the character is stripped of equipment and exiled from Elturel as a heretic in the eyes of Helm, god of duty, for abandoning his post.
- Minotaurs take damage as Large creatures.
Wizard Spells: as X-level Wizard
Forbidden Schools: School
Known Paths: Path
- 1st: Spell
Priest Spells: as X-level Priest
Major Spheres: Sphere
Minor Spheres: Sphere
- 1st: Spell
Cash: 0pp, 0gp, 0ep, 0sp, 0cp
Encumberance: 0 lbs. (Unencumbered)
- Unencumbered: 0-00 lbs. (speed 12)
- Light Load: 00-00 lbs. (speed 8)
- Moderate Load: 00-00 lbs. (speed 6)
- Heavy Load: 00-00 lbs. (speed 4)
- Severe Load: 00-000 lbs. (speed 1)