Ruins of Adventure
Maei (pronounced "Me")
Me is a dumb brute.
Me not like talk to you.
Me do like hit things.
Me do what Fish-man say.
Me from fancy city.
Me mom is nice.
She only drop me sometimes.
Me only hit mom sometimes.
Me hit mom too much.
Me find medicine for mom.
Fish man help.
Me forget where fancy city is.
Me want to go home.
|Stamina||18 / 58||Weight Allowance: 160 lbs||Movement Bonus +2|
|Muscle||12||Max Press 140 lbs||Attack +0||Damage +0||Feat of Strength 16%|
|Aim||18||Missile Attack +2|
|Balance||11||Surprise +0||AC +0|
|Health||10||System Shock 60%||Poison Save +0||PSPs +0||Regeneration 0|
|Fitness||15||Resurrection 92%||Hit Points +1 / level|
|Reason||6||Max Spell Level 3rd||Max Spells/Level 7||PSPs +0||Illusion Immunity: none|
|Knowledge||6||Bonus Profs +1||Bonus Paths +0||Learn Spell 20%|
|Intuition||14||Spell Failure 0%||Bonus Runes 0||Bonus Spells 1st x2||Earned XP +5%|
|Willpower||11||Mental Save +0||PSPs +0||Spell Immunity: none|
|Leadership||8||Max Henchmen: 3||NPC Loyalty -1|
|Appearance||11||NPC Reactions +0|
NPC Reaction: +0
- -6 vs. Non-Calishites
- -2 on Opponent’s rolls when in a Desert
- Initiative: +0
- Movement: 14
Hit Points: 57 (-2 damage per hit)
Armor Class: 17 (natural, studded leather, shield), 15 vs. missiles
Base Attack Bonus: +7
Saves: +1 vs. Air; -1 vs. Earth
- Paralyzation/Poison/Death: 12
- Rod/Staff/Wand: 14
- Petrification/Polymorph: 13
- Breath Weapon: 14
- Spells: 15 (Spell Turning on success)
- Fear: 11
- Horror: 17
- Madness: 17
|Weapons||# Att||Att Bonus||Dmg||Dmg (L)||Speed||Range||Special|
|Great Club||2 / round||+8||2d4+2||1d6+3||7||melee|
|Rampaging Axe||3 / 2 rounds||+6||1d10-1||2d8-1||9||melee|| +3 movement
+3 Critical severity when charging
|Unarmed Frenzy||3 / 2 rounds||+7||1d6||1d6||3||melee|
- Groups: Martial, Pastoral, Survival
|Modern Languages (Thorass)||6|
|Modern Languages (Alzhedo)||6|
|Climbing||12||No penalty for free climbing.|
|Awareness||14||Check negates Backstabs. Free Counterattack.|
|Heart Feast||8||Check heals 1d8+16hp to self. Once per 4 hours.|
|Tracking||14||+2 to Track by scent|
|Charge||15||Check grants +3 Attack and Damage, -2 AC when charging.|
- Great Club, Specialized
- Axes Tight Group
- Half-orc infravision enables them to discern gradients of heat within 60 feet in darkness.
- All warriors gain the ability to make more than one melee attack per round as they rise in level. At 7th level, they can make 3 attacks every 2 rounds.
- When engaged with large numbers of weak enemies (less than 1 HD each), the warrior gains double his normal number of attacks per round (including doubling attacks with off-hand weapons).
- Home Terrain: Desert. A barbarian can move with such stealth in his homeland terrain that opponents suffer a -2 penalty to their surprise die rolls. To move stealthily, the barbarian must be alone, or his party must consist entirely of barbarians, elves, or halflings (or similar characters with the ability to impose surprise penalties), none of whom are wearing metal armor.
- Leaping and Springing: The barbarian is skilled at making leaps (horizontal jumps) and springs (vertical jumps). To make a running leap or spring, he must have a running start of at
least 20 feet in a straight line; less than this, and the best he can do is a standing leap or spring. Standing leaps and springs are made from stationary positions.
The Table indicates the horizontal distances (for leaps) and vertical distances (for springs) for barbarian fighters of various levels. Distances are expressed in feet. Roll the die separately for each leap or spring. Characters with exceptional Muscle scores add their damage bonus to the distance rolled.
|Jump Type||Distance (in feet)|
- Because of their familiarity with creatures from the Elemental Plane of Air, Calishites gain a +1 bonus on all saving throws versus attacks from such creatures. This same bonus also applies to all spells cast against them from the Elemental Air school or sphere.
- Because of the Brute’s sharp senses, he receives a +2 bonus on his surprise rolls.
- The Brute’s coarse hair, thick skin, and dense bones give him a natural armor class bonus of +4. As with other natural armor bonuses, wearing armor of equal or lesser value only increases this bonus by +1.
- When fighting without weapons, the brute can propel himself into a frenzy—biting, punching, kicking, and scratching at an opponent. This assault counts as a single attack, dealing 1d6 points of damage (plus the Brute’s Muscle bonus). This does not stack with normal Punching or Wrestling attacks.
- A Brute can trail a creature by scent, presuming the quarry made the trail within the previous 24 hours. The Brute must be familiar with the quarry, or must have a sample of the scent. He has the same change to follow that trail as if he had the Tracking proficiency, but ignores all modifiers for terrain. If the Brute also has the Tracking proficiency he gains a +2 bonus on his checks to track by scent. A Brute can also identify a particular character or creature by its lingering aroma by making a successful Intuition check.
- A Brute may never take the Ancient Languages, Modern Languages, or Literacy proficiencies.
- A Brute cannot use any magical item that requires a command word or concentration to activate. He may use magical potions, weapons, armor, or worn items without penalty (so long as their effects are constant).
- The ego of the Calishite is his prime disadvantage. In fact, it is an inevitability for a Calishite, no matter how careful he is, to offend a foreigner. When dealing with non-Calishites, the Barbarian has a -6 NPC reaction penalty due to his arrogance, peculiar appearance, and mannerisms.
- Because of their ties with the Elemental Plane of Air, Calishites suffer a -1 on all saving throws from spells in the Elemental Earth school or sphere. Attacks made by creatures native to the Elemental Plane of Earth are made with a +1 bonus versus such wizards.
- Armor Allowed: Non-Metal Armor, Shields
- Weapons Allowed: Axe (any), Celt, Club, Dagger, Knife, Spear
- +1 Weapon and Non-weapon proficiency slots per 3 Barbarian levels
- Single-classed half-orcs with exceptional ability scores are able to advance nearly as high as their human forebears. A single classed half-orc adds double the normal number of additional levels to his racial maximum (thus a half-orc fighter with a Strength of 20 could potentially reach 20th level).
- A barbarian of 9th level who has been awarded property is eligible to receive followers. Usually, the followers must be natives of the barbarian’s homeland, race, and tribe.
- Shapeshifting Chest Tattoo (can look like any tattoo the wearer wants, change at will, black ink only)
- Armor of Insults (25 lbs)
- Wolf-fur Loincloth
- Shield of Bones (5 lbs)
- Glass Gauntlets
- Serpenthide Boots
- Rampaging Axe (7 lbs)
- Great Club of Heeling (12 lbs. — comes when called, slides along ground at MV 6)
- Leather Belt w/
Base Speed: 14
Total Weight of Gear: ??? lbs.
|Weight||0 – ?? lbs.||- lbs.||- lbs.||- lbs.||- lbs.|