Ruins of Adventure
Silren the Burnt
|Con||14||Health||14||88% System Shock|
|Int||15||Reason||14||Max Spell Level 7th||Max Spells/Level 19|
|Knowledge||16||+5 Proficiencies||+3 Paths||70% Learn Spell|
|Wis||13||Intuition||14||+5% Earned XP|
|Appearance||5||-3 NPC Reactions|
- Initiative: +0
- Surprise: +1
- NPC Reaction: -5 (-7 vs. Non-humans)
Hit Points: 9
Armor Class: 10
Base Attack Bonus: +1
- Paralyzation/Poison/Death: 14
- Rod/Staff/Wand: 11
- Petrification/Polymorph: 13
- Breath Weapon: 15
- Spells: 11
|Weapons||# Att||Att Bonus||Dmg||Dmg (L)||Speed||Range||Special|
Thief Skills: (no armor)
Non-Weapon Proficiencies: General, Rogue, Wizard
|Modern Languages (Common)||15||Hiding||14|
|Modern Languages (Cormanthan)||15||Literacy||18|
|Modern Languages (Tharian)||15||Ancient History (Noga)||14|
|Modern Languages (Espruar)||15||Spellcraft||13|
|Modern Languages (Dethek)||15||Fire-building||12|
|Modern Languages (Jogishk)||15||Research||15|
|Ancient Languages (Noga)||15|
2 open slot
1 open slot
- Whenever a Hillsfarran successfully attacks a target from behind, he deals double normal damage (or adds 1 to his damage multiplier if he has the rogue’s Backstab ability).
- A wizard’s lifespan is extended by his constant exposure to the arcane. The wizard’s maximum lifespan increases by an amount equal to five times his level. He still suffers the effects of aging at the same rate as other members of his race. This can be further extended through the use of certain spells and magic items.
Wizard Spells: Caster level 5th
Paths Known: Apprentice’s Path, The Flame Dancer’s Path, The Path of Stars, The Shining Road, The Black Road, The Road of Pentacles, Beastmaster’s Path, Road of True Names
- 1 open path
- Spell Book:
- 1st level (18 of 19): Blacksteel, Blackthorns, Burning Hands, Cantrip, Conjure Spell Component, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Face Blur, Find Familiar, Fire Burst, Flamespin, Flare, Light, Moonglow, Protection from Evil, Read Magic, Slingstar, Wizard Mark
- 2nd level (18 of 19): Agannazar’s Scorcher, Blindness, Blur, Calder’s Starry Sky, Circle Dance, Circle of Flame, Continual Light, Delayed Light, Detect Evil, Familiar Enhancer I, Fire Shuriken, Flaming Sphere, Infratorch, Moon Rune, Sinister Cantrip, Sundazzle, Tunnel Vision, Wizard Lock
- 3rd level (17 of 19): Animate Fire, Dispel Magic, Cervate’s Summoning, Enchanted Torch, Familiar Enhancer II, Fireball, Fire Rain, Fiery Fists, Fire Wings, Interruptible Light, Jalartan’s Miraculum, Monster Summoning I, Moonglow Symbol, Nchaser’s Glowing Globe, Protection from Evil 10-ft. Radius, Spell Sense, Sunscorch
- Prepared Spells:
- 1st level: Black Thorns, Burning Hands x2, Detect Magic
- 2nd level: Agannazar’s Scorcher, Familiar Enhancer I
- 3rd level: Fire Rain
|Telekinesis||Psychokinesis||10||1 per lb.||1 per 2 lbs per round||Move one object within 30 yards at a rate of up to 60 feet per round.|
|Control Body||Psychokinesis||12||8||8/round||Control one humanoid target within 80 yards like a marionette. Roll Power Score vs. victim’s Strength, on failure victim breaks free. On success, victim’s body moves as you command, but suffers a -6 penalty on attacks and actions. You cannot control the victim’s speech.|
- Zhentilar and Mulman warriors attack Hillsfarrans on sight.
- All NPC encounters are penalized at -2 due to Hillsfar’s reputation. This increases to -4 against non-humans due to Hillsfar’s reputation for xenophobia, bigotry, and exploitation.
- Armor Allowed: none.
- Weapons Allowed: Dagger, Dart, Knife, Quarterstaff, Sling
- Gain 4 PSPs per level.
- Gain 1 Weapon proficiency slot every 5 levels.
- Gain 1 Non-weapon proficiency slot every even-numbered level.
- Once he reaches 9th level, a wizard can pen magical scrolls and brew potions. He can construct more powerful magical items only after he has learned the appropriate spells (or works with someone who knows them).
- Amulet of Terror (35 charges left)
- Elixer of Health
- Potion of Healing
- Horn of Voices
- Quarterstaff (4 lbs)
- Dagger (1 lb)
- Black & Red Robes, Embroidered with Two Giant Red Hands, Black Belt, Soft Boots,
- Spellbook (3 lbs)
- Donovan’s Journal & Spellbook (3 lbs)
- Writing Ink, Scroll Case (0.5 lbs)
- 2 Large Belt Pouches (2 lbs)
- Wineskin (9 lbs),
- Backpack (2 lbs),
- Flint & Steel, Spell Components, Knife Sheath,
- Crowbar on loan from Matteo (4 lbs, 1 Gold pc deposit)
- Medium Mirrored Shield (Held by Osakh),
- Silver Hairbrush,
- Vial (used potion container from Thrall) with sample of river water from underneath the troll lair.
Wizard Lab: 650gp value
Animals: Torgo the Bat. 6 HP AC: 7 3 INT
Base Speed: 12
Total Weight of Gear: 26.5 lbs.
|Weight||0 – 50 lbs.||51-66 lbs.||67-83 lbs.||84-99 lbs.||100-114 lbs.||115 lbs|
Vitals: Black Hair & Beard, Blue Eyes, 5’6”, 30 Years Old
Story: see Silren’s Journal
Silren is from Hillfar. His mother and father were merchant mages. They were upscale grocers by trade and while they had a physical store in the city, they often made trips to other communities in the Moonsea area, where he grew a prejudice to just about anything that could be a threat to his personal safety. His father often beat him; his mother was no better. Not to say they didn’t provide for him. He was a smart lad and very capable of carrying a grudge… and since he was ridiculed for his looks he often stewed in grumpy hate. He excelled in his schooling and it didn’t take long for him to gain the attention of those looking for wizard apprentices. He hated the work however. Power was more important. By the time he started a proper apprenticeship, his mother and father both passed in a fire that may or may not have been arson. Silren inherited the remains of their business, sold what they had left and focused completely on absorbing more arcane knowledge. Some of his duties as a wizard apprentice included working with Red Plume Patrols that needed magic detection and support while reporting to his Cabal.
This is the local knowledge of Silren. What isn’t known is that one time whilst travelling with his parents, they had unwittingly camped a top an ancient burial mound, where a long dead wizard’s spirit (Manos, by name) had approached the boy in the night, whispering secrets in hopes for mortal blood. A small pact was made, a few drops spilt to slake the foul being’s thirst. For much of his teenage years he made pilgrimage to the spot exchanging both his blood or the blood of others to gain more arcane insight and other stories that may make him stronger. The spirit was demanding however and eventually Silren cut off from the foul thing. More recently, Silren has had a near death experience. In his thirst for power, he read from a scroll he believed was going to unlock new evocations, but instead was trapped with explosive runes. While he survived, his face is horribly scarred and has not healed well… He has heard stories from the blood spirit: of ancient magics near Phlan and has decided to investigate in person. He has felt the need to come into his own as a wizard and has filed all the necessary paperwork for a transfer to Phlan. It was accepted mainly because of some light blackmail on his part.