Ruins of Adventure
Elder and chief shaman of the Three Towers Tribe.
Age: 113 years
A truly ancient lizardman. It was he who first taught the lizardmen of the Twilight Swamp to worship the magic of the Sacred Towers some four generations ago, and gave the Three Towers Tribe its name.
He is recognized for his great wisdom and closeness with the spirits of the swamp, but is only a hairsbreadth from death himself. He is able to speak only in whispers, if at all, and relies on his young apprentice, Paśśila, to speak on his behalf. It is Ssij’s magic that allows the tribe to hibernate safely through the winters. He is always the last to sleep, and when he passes, the tribe may be left defenseless until Paśśila comes of age.
Race: Lizard Man
Homeland: Twilight Marsh
Kit: Silent Brother
Alignment: Neutral, Non-Good
Religion: Auril (Gray Worm Totem)
Next Level: 110,000
Max Level: 12th
|Stamina||14||Weight Allowance: 60 lbs||Movement Bonus +0|
|Muscle||7||Max Press 55 lbs||Attack -1||Damage +0||Feat of Strength 4%|
|Aim||9||Missile Attack +0|
|Balance||8||Surprise +0||AC +0|
|Health||12||System Shock 70%||Poison Save +0||PSPs +0||Regeneration 0|
|Fitness||12||Resurrection 80%||Hit Points +0 / level|
|Reason||11||Max Spell Level 5th||Max Spells/Level 15||PSPs +0||Illusion Immunity: none|
|Knowledge||11||Bonus Profs 2||Bonus Paths 1||Learn Spell 45%|
|Intuition||18||Spell Failure 0%||Bonus Runes 4|| Bonus Spells 1st x2, 2nd x2,
|Earned XP +15%|
|Willpower||18||Mental Save +4||PSPs +3||Spell Immunity: none|
|Leadership||8||Max Henchmen: 3||NPC Loyalty -1|
|Appearance||9||NPC Reactions +0|
- NPC Reaction: +0
- Surprise: +2 (-4 on opponent’s rolls)
- Initiative: +0
- Movement: 6, SW 12
Hit Points: 52
Armor Class: 16 (natural)
Base Attack Bonus: +4
Saves: +4 Mental saves;
- Paralyzation/Poison/Death: 7
- Rod/Staff/Wand: 11
- Petrification/Polymorph: 8
- Breath Weapon: 13
- Spells: 12
- Fear: 10
- Horror: 12
- Madness: 15
|Weapons||# Att||Att Bonus||Dmg||Dmg (L)||Speed||Range||Special|
|Spinagon Spines||2/round||+4||1d3||1d2||2||10 / 20 / 40|| Unlimited ammo.
- Available Groups: Pastoral, Spiritual, Survival
|Modern Languages (Lizard Man)||15|
|Modern Languages (Yuan-ti)||13|
- Darts Group
- Hand Axe
- Lizard men have infravision that allows them to discern gradients of heat within 60 feet in the dark.
- Lizard men can remain under water for long periods of time before they need to draw air. In game terms, a lizard man can hold his breath up to 2/3 his Health score in minutes (rounded up).
- Silent Brothers gain a +4 bonus on saving throws or checks made to resist any effect that would force them to speak. Similarly, others suffer a -4 penalty on any checks made to force a Silent Brother to speak (such as Intimidation attempts).
- Other characters gain a +2 bonus on proficiency checks to understand a non-verbal message from a Silent Brother (such as the Detect Signing, Body Language, or Reading Lips proficiencies).
- Lizard Men from the Twilight Marsh each start with one magical enhancement or mutation. Treat them as being affected by a random 1st-level wizard spell from the school of Alteration. This effect is permanent and cannot be dispelled. The spell (whether activated or permanent) works as if cast by a wizard of the Lizard man’s character level.
- Command Undead as 7th-level Cleric.
Spirits: Takes 1 turn. 70% chance of success.
- Hibernating Toad (Minor Animal Spirit): Minor animal spirits can aid the shaman by using animal friendship, speak with animals, or animal summoning I on his behalf. In addition, the animal spirit can grant a limited form of clairaudience and clairvoyance by allowing the shaman to see through the eyes of an animal of that species, with a range of one mile. Animals of the species in question will never attack the shaman or anyone under his protection unless the shaman has angered the spirit or the animals are magically controlled.
- Hungry Salamander (Minor Animal Spirit): Minor animal spirits can aid the shaman by using animal friendship, speak with animals, or animal summoning I on his behalf. In addition, the animal spirit can grant a limited form of clairaudience and clairvoyance by allowing the shaman to see through the eyes of an animal of that species, with a range of one mile. Animals of the species in question will never attack the shaman or anyone under his protection unless the shaman has angered the spirit or the animals are magically controlled.
- Glumpen Island (Minor Land Spirit): Can cast entangle, pass without trace, dust devil, trip, meld into stone, snare, speak with plants, commune with nature, stonetell, liveoak, wall of thorns, animate rock, and changestaff.
- Mornhaven Nightstar (Major Spirit of the Dead): Can cast augury, feign death, prayer, speak with dead, divination, commune, or find the path for the shaman.
- Twilight Swamp (Major Water Spirit): Can cast wall of fog, fog cloud, water breathing, water walk, lower water, solid fog, reflecting pool, commune with nature, part water, and transmute dust to water.
Priest Spells: Caster level 7th
Major Spheres: All, Animal, Charm, Fire, Protection, Summoning, Travelers, Wards
Minor Spheres: Healing, Plant, Thought
- 1st: Analyze Opponent, Calculate, Daydream, Divine Romantic Interest, Hibernate, Invisibility to Animals, Pressure Resistance, Protection from Silver, Snake Charm, Spittle, Totemic Image, Truemetal, Wind Column
- 2nd: Ancestral Blessing, Animal Spy, Bliss, Camouflage, Clues of Ash, Command Another’s Pet, Dark Fire, Dream Sight, Impart Knowledge, Vicissitude
- 3rd: Bind Fetish, Blackhand, Bramblestaff, Chattel Spirit, Corpse Whisper, Curse of Black Sands, Dispel Silence, Divine Purpose, Invisibility to Animals 10-ft. Radius, Resist Injury, Stealth of Brandobaris, Thunderclap
- 4th: Animal Sight, Darkbolt, Endurance, Image of the Sorcerer Kings, Infestation, Magma Blade, Misfire, Plague, Sand Warrior, Stone of Sharpening, Stone Walk, Thorns of Binding, Transfer Curse
- 1st: Hibernate x5
- 2nd: Ancestral Blessing, Camouflage, Command Another’s Pet, Dream Sight, Impart Knowledge
- 3rd: Bind Fetish, Chattel Spirit, Thunderclap
- 4th: Image of the Sorcerer Kings, Stone Walk
- Weather is the greatest threat to large reptiles living in these northern climes. If exposed to prolonged cold, these lizardmen fall into a torpor called cold sleep. They can resist this for a number of turns equal to their Health score. Times can be doubled if they wear insulated clothing. Warmth revives them one to two hours. More than a day in the cold causes death.
- Magical cold-based attacks are also very harmful to these creatures. Any cold damage suffered by one of these Lizard Men causes them to be affected as if by a Slow spell for 1 round per point of damage suffered.
- Silent Brothers live by a vow of silence. They may not speak above a whisper, may not cast any spells with verbal components, may not use any proficiency which requires making significant noise (singing, oratory, whistling, etc.), and may not use any class or racial abilities which are dependent on making noise (such as a Bard’s performance-related abilities).
- Because they are unused to loud noises, Silent Brothers suffer a -2 penalty on saving throws against spells with auditory effects, such as shout.
- Lizard men must wet their entire bodies once a day. If they are unable to find adequate amounts of moisture (a full waterskin is enough), they begin to lose Constitution at a rate of 3 points per day. If their Constitution falls to zero, they die from dehydration.
- If food (which could include a fallen friend or foe) or treasure appear during a battle, a lizard man must make a successful Willpower check to keep his mind on the battle. Failure means he turns away from the fight to feast or gather spoils. This distraction lasts at least one round. Every additional round, the lizard man can attempt to break away from the distraction by making another Willpower check.
Base Speed: 12
Total Weight of Gear: ??? lbs.
|Weight||0 – ?? lbs.||- lbs.||- lbs.||- lbs.||- lbs.|