Ruins of Adventure
Tiě Shàn Gōngzhǔ
Tiě thinks of herself as the brains behind The Outliers…though that isn’t really saying much with the likes of Arha, Maei, and Valcoril around. Seriously, her companions make inanimate rocks look smart by comparison.
Descended from unknown bovine demons (likely a Goristro, though she likes to think she is descended from the Mulhorandi goddess Hathor), Tiě has a bovine head with silvery-white skin, metallic horns, and faintly glowing copper-coloured eyes. She tells her companions that she is a rare female minotaur. Dumb as they are, they all believe her.
Though trained as a war-wizard, her infernal heritage gives her some unique power over the undead and resistance to psionic intrusion, both of which she has cultivated on the side in addition to her magical studies.
Her single-handed defeat of the Necromancer Emrikoth has earned her some notoriety in New Phlan.
|Stamina||14||Weight Allowance: 60 lbs||Movement Bonus +0|
|Muscle||10||Max Press 115 lbs||Attack +0||Damage +0||Feat of Strength 10%|
|Aim||16||Missile Attack +1|
|Balance||11||Surprise +0||AC +0|
|Health||10||System Shock 60%||Poison Save +0||PSPs +0||Regeneration 0|
|Fitness||16||Resurrection 94%||Hit Points +2 / level|
|Reason||15||Max Spell Level 7th||Max Spells/Level 21||PSPs +0||Illusion Immunity: none|
|Knowledge||15||Bonus Profs +4||Bonus Paths +2||Learn Spell 65%|
|Intuition||15||Spell Failure 0%||Bonus Runes 1||Bonus Spells 1st x2, 2nd||Earned XP +5%|
|Willpower||12||Mental Save +0||PSPs +0||Spell Immunity: none|
|Leadership||15||Max Henchmen: 7||NPC Loyalty +3|
|Appearance||9||NPC Reactions +0|
- NPC Reaction: +0
- Surprise: +0
- Initiative: +0
- Movement: 12
Hit Points: 40
Armor Class: 11 (Ring)
Base Attack Bonus: +2
Saves: -1 vs. Cold-based effects; +2 vs. Mind-affecting; +4 vs. Illithid-kin
- Paralyzation/Poison/Death: 12
- Rod/Staff/Wand: 8
- Petrification/Polymorph: 10
- Breath Weapon: 12
- Spells: 9
- +2 vs. Priest spells
- +2 vs. Invocation/Evocation spells
- -4 vs. Necromancy
- Fear: 13
- Horror: 11
- Madness: 15
- Continuous Protection from Evil
|Weapons||# Att||Att Bonus||Dmg||Dmg (L)||Speed||Range||Special|
- Groups: Academic, Craft, Psionic, Sorcerous
|Modern Languages (Common)||15|
|Modern Languages (Planar Slang)||15|
|Modern Languages (Tharian)||15|
|Ancient Languages (Baatezu)||15|
|Ancient Languages (Mulhorandi)||15|
|Ancient History (Mulhorand)||14|
|Lucid Buffer||—||-4 on opponent’s power checks to open her mind.|
|Mastery||12||Check to roll twice for spell effects and take better result. 9/day|
|Mental Warmth||15||Check recovers expended spell. 5/day|
|Magical Energy Conservation||—|
- Tiefling infravision enables them to discern gradients of heat within 60 feet in darkness.
- Single-classed Tieflings with exceptional ability scores are able to advance nearly as high as their human forebears. A single classed Tieflings adds double the normal number of additional levels to his racial maximum.
- Tiě can cast Contagion and Commune each once per week, and can cast Animate Dead once per day, as innate spell-like abilities.
- Tiě is continuously invisible to all unintelligent undead. This invisibility is not disrupted by attacking either the undead creature or others. This does not apply to undead creatures with an Intelligence score above 0.
- The people of Mulhorand are an ordered and disciplined lot. They gain a +1 saving throw against any mind-affecting spells and effects.
- Mulhorandi see their pharaoh as one of their gods walking among them, and worship him as if he were a deity, before all other gods. Mulhorandi gain a +2 on their saving throws vs spells if the spell is cast by a cleric or priest not also from Mulhorand.
- Wizards of Mulhorand are masters of the spells of concealment. At the very least, these include all spells of the Black Road, Path of Darkness, Skulking Path, Veiled Path, Shapeshifter’s Path, and the Path of Twins. Other spells can be added to this list as the DM desires. For the purposes of learning and casting these spells, Mulhorandi spellcasters treat them as if they were one level lower than listed in their spell descriptions. A spell cannot be reduced below 0th level (Cantrips).
- Their familiarity with graves and tombs brings with it a knowledge of the dead and undead. These characters can Turn Undead as if they were clerics of one-half their level (5th level).
- A mindstalker’s hatred for illithids and their ilk runs deep. He gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls against any monster with psionic abilities. This only applies to creatures with psionic abilities in their MM entry (such as illithids, aboleths, gith, or yuan-ti), it does not apply to humanoids with psionic wild talents or levels in the psionicist class.
- The wizard’s maximum lifespan increases by an amount equal to five times his level. In addition he does not suffer any loss of Reason when reaching Old or Venerable age. He still suffers all the other effects of aging at the same rate as other members of his race.
- Once he reaches 9th level, a wizard can pen magical scrolls and brew potions.
- Specialists receive a +2 bonus when making saving throws against those spells when cast by other wizards. Likewise, other characters suffer a -1 penalty when making saving throws against a specialist casting spells within his school.
- Specialists receive a bonus of +15% when learning spells from their school and a penalty of -15% when learning spells from other schools. The bonus or penalty is applied to the percentile dice roll the player must make when the character tries to learn a new spell.
PSPs: 73 (recover 9 per hour)
|Contact||Telepathy||14||3+||1 / round|
|Mind Link||Telepathy||9||Contact||8 / round|
|Awe||Telepathy||15||Contact||4 / round|
|Mental Barrier||Telepathy||12||3||—||Psionic defense mode.|
Wizard Spells: Caster level 9th (11th for Necromancy)
|5 + E||4 + E||3 + E||3 + E||2 + E||1 + E|
Forbidden Schools: Enchantment, Conjuration
Paths Known: Apprentice’s Path, Black Road, Path of Darkness, Path of Stars, Path of Twins, Shapeshifter’s Path, Shocking Path, Skulking Path, Veiled Path
- 0th level (8 of 18): Alter Digits, Blacksteel, Blackthorns (E), Change Self, Color Blindness, Face Blur, Hair (E), Reflected Image
- 1st level (12 of 18): Alter Self, Blindness, Blur, Cantrip, Dark Mirror, Fireburst (E), Invisibility, Lightning Bug (E), Mirror Image, Read Magic, Shocking Grasp, Slingstars (E)
- 2nd level (12 of 18): Blacklight, Dark Wings, Detect Shapechanger, Double Undead, Fire Shuriken (E), Flaming Sphere (E), Invisibility 10-ft. Radius, Lightning Strike (E), Sculpt Features, Sinister Cantrip, Spark Shower (E), Wizard Lock
- 3rd level (13 of 18): Ayeric’s Cloak of Protection, Create Darkenbeast, Blacksphere (E), Darkening Bolt (E), Dispel Magic, Fireball (E), Improved Mirror Image, Lightning Rod, Lightning Bolt (E), Massmorph, Melf’s Minute Meteors (E), Polymorph Other, Spell Sense
- 4th level (10 of 18): Creeping Darkness (E), Darkbolt (E), Flamsterd’s Flamestrike (E), Force Shapechange, Grimwald’s Graymantle, Guise of the Yak-man, Lightning Shield (E), Neutralize Components, Shock (E), Wizard Eye
- 5th level (9 of 18): Battlestar (E), Curse of Lycanthropy, Dragon Scales, Fallion’s Fabulous Fireball (E), Lightning Lash (E), Lightning Reflection, Project Image, Skeletal Bride, Sword of Darkness (E)
- 0th: Blacksteel, Blackthorns x2, Change Self x2, Reflected Image
- 1st: Dark Mirror, Fire Burst, Invisibility x2, Lightning Bug
- 2nd: Blacklight, Dark Wings, Spark Shower, Wizard Lock
- 3rd: Blacksphere, Dispel Magic, Fireball, Polymorph Other
- 4th: Darkbolt, Guise of the Yak-man, Wizard Eye
- 5th: Battlestar, Sword of Darkness
- Tieflings tend to look alien.
- Head: animalistic (bovine)
- Horns: metallic (silver bovine)
- Eyes: glowing (metallic copper)
- Skin: strangely colored (silvery-white)
- Other: unnatural temperature (skin is just above freezing)
- Mulhorandi are single-minded, intractable, and not very willing to try new things. As a result, it costs two extra slots to purchase any non-weapon proficiency slots outside of their groups, rather than one.
- A Mulhorandi will refuse to be the recipient of any spell effects—beneficial or otherwise—from any priest not also from Mulhorand.
- Because of their acclimation to the hot climate, Mulhorandi suffer a -1 to their saving throws against cold-based attacks.
- Their frequent exposure to the dead and undead has made the people of Mulhorand especially vulnerable to the foul art of necromancy. These characters suffer a -4 penalty whenever they must make a saving throw against a spell from the school or sphere of Necromancy.
- When confronted with an opportunity to attack or continue to fight a psionic enemy, the Mindstalker must make a successful Willpower check or be unable to decline the battle. The check can, however, be modified or ignored based on circumstances. For example, no Mindstalker will break cover and blow an ambush to tromp on the first mindflayer to appear when he or she knows that a little patience will mean the chance to kill a lot more of them.
- A wizard wearing metal armor has their effective casting level decreased by one-half the AC bonus granted by the armor (thus a wizard in Scale Mail would cast spells as if he were 2 levels lower), to a minimum caster level of 1st.
- A character wearing metal armor suffers a penalty to all psionic power scores equal to one-half the AC bonus granted by the armor (thus Banded Mail would impose a -3 penalty to all of the psionicist’s power scores).
- Armor Allowed: Any Armor. Any Shields.
- Weapons Allowed: Dagger, Dart, Knife, Quarterstaff, Sling
- Gain 6 psionic power points per level.
- At 11th level, the invoker’s bonus on saving throws against invocation/evocation spells increases to +3.
- At 14th level, the invoker acquires immunity to one invocation or evocation spell of 3rd level or lower of his choice; however, this immunity does not extend to similar magical items or breath weapons.
Robe of the Necromancer (1 lb)
- Leather Bustenhalt, Leather Skirt, Leather shoes (under robes)
- Ring of Protection +1
- Alchemist’s Staff (4 lbs)
- Timai Dagger (1 lb)
- Sashling (1 lb, 10 pockets)
- Spell Components
- Scroll of Protection vs. Shapeshifters
- Arcane Scroll w/ Charm Person, Protection from Charm, Charm Plants, Mass Charm
- Potion of Reptile & Amphibian Control
- Potion of Polymorph Self
- Oil of Timelessness
- Wand of Earth and Stone (84 charges)
- Wand of Fear (52 charges remaining)
- Wand of Magic Missiles (6 charges remaining)
- 4gp, 14sp spending money
- Leather Backpack full of books (2 lbs)
- Tie Shan’s Grimoire (3 lbs)
- Rudania’s Grimoire (3 lbs)
- Dave’s Grimoire (3 lbs)
- Ahn-Dei’s Grimoire (3 lbs)
- Hector’s Grimoire (3 lbs)
- Emrikoth’s Grimoire (3 lbs)
- Apprentice’s Path, King’s Road, Lifeshielder’s Path, Mortician’s Road, Path of Blood, Path of Smoke, Path of the Medusa, Scabrous Road
- Zhent Envoy’s Grimoire (3 lbs)
- Apprentice’s Path, Councilor’s Path, Path of Swords, Path of Twins, Path of Counterspells, Path of Deception
Base Speed: 12
Total Weight of Gear: ??? lbs.
|Weight||0 – 60 lbs.||- lbs.||- lbs.||- lbs.||115 lbs.|