Ruins of Adventure
Return to Druids
Base Class Statistics:
- Ability Requirements: Willpower 9, Intuition 12, Leadership 15
- Alignments: True Neutral
- Experience Chart: Specialty Priest
- Hit Dice: d8
- Maximum Hit Dice: 9d8
- Additional Hit Points: +2 per level beyond 9th
- Attack: Priest
- Paralyzation/Poison/Death: as Priest
- Rods/Staves/Wands: as Priest
- Petrification/Polymorph: as Priest
- Breath Weapon: as Priest
- Spell: as Priest
- Weapons, Initial: 2
- Weapons, Advancement: +1 per 4 levels
- Non-Weapon, Initial: 4
- Weapons, Advancement: +1 per 3 levels
- Bonus Proficiencies: Heat Protection, Night Vision, Survival (desert), Water Finding
- Allowed Weapons: Club (any), Dagger (any), Fang, Great Scimitar, Jambiya, Khopesh, Knife (any), Razor, Scimitar, Shortbow, Sling (any)
- Allowed Armor: Non-metal armor, Wooden shields
Desert Druids have major access to the following spheres: All, Air, Animal, Earth, Guardian, Protection, Sun, and Water. They have minor access to the Creation, Fire, Healing, and Travelers spheres. Desert Druids have access to the religion-specific spells of Lathander, the god of the sun, so long as they fall within their allowed spheres.
A Desert Druid makes most saving throws as a priest, but he gains a bonus of +2 to all saving throws vs. fire or electrical attacks.
A Desert Druid goes without water for one day per level without suffering thirst. Regaining use of this power requires the druid to have resumed a normal intake of water for a time equal to the days of deprivation.
A Desert Druid learns the languages of desert-dwelling intelligent creatures (brass dragons, dragonnes, lamias, thri-kreen, etc.), gaining one extra proficiency slot for this purpose every three levels (at 3rd, 6th, etc.).
A Desert Druid infallibly identifies desert plants and animals and pure water at 3rd level.
A Desert Druid sees through nonmagical mirages at 3rd level and gains a +4 on any roll to save against illusions cast within a desert.
A Desert Druid crosses sands and dunes on foot without leaving a trail and at full movement rate at 3rd level.
A Desert Druid senses the distance, direction, and size of the nearest natural water source (well, spring, oasis, sea, etc.) if one lies within 1 mile per level. This power, gained at 3rd level, is usable once per day.
A Desert Druid shapechanges up to three times per day at 7th level, once each into a normal mammal, reptile, and bird. The druid can shapechange only into animals whose natural habitat is the desert. Common desert-dwelling animals include camels, eagles, hawks, lizards, mice, rats, snakes, and vultures. This otherwise functions as the standard Druid ability.
Desert Druids use as their holy symbol a vial of water from a sacred oasis, filled under a full moon.
See Druids for details on the druidic hierarchy and advancement.