Ruins of Adventure
- Races: Any
- Classes: Cleric
- Ability Requirements: none
- Alignments: Non-Evil
- Starting Cash: By class
- Allowed Priest Kits: Adviser, Halfling Oracle, Healer, Herbalist, Leaftender, Natural Philosopher, Pacifist Priest, Peasant Priest, Ritual Priest, Scholar Priest, Skinwalker, Totem Sister, Treetender, Tribal Priest, Wanderer
- Weapon Slots: None
- Allowed Weapons: None
- Allowed Armor: None
- Bonus Weapon Proficiencies: None
- Required Weapon Proficiencies: None
- Non-weapon Slots: By class
- Available Categories: By class
- Bonus Proficiencies: Healing, Religion, Swimming
- Required Proficiencies: none
- Recommended Proficiencies: Diplomacy, Mediation, Prayer
- Forbidden Proficiencies: none
- Major: All, Charm, Combat, Creation, Elemental (all), Healing, Necromantic, Plant, Wards, Weather
- Minor: Animal, Divination, Protection
Overview: Eldath is the pacifistic goddess of peace, pools, and druid groves. A group of her clergy, sickened by how often priests get involved in battles, decided of their own volition to form a sect of clerics devoted to peace and tranquility. Clerics of Eldath are not very popular, since many see them as being too pacifistic to do anyone in the Realms any good. Eldath supports them, however, and seems to be watching over them.
Description: Serenity is the word used to describe the bearing of the clerics of Eldath. They seem to radiate peace. These clerics do not wear any armor, nor do they carry any weapons. They wear long, flowing, blue-green robes and gowns, with light brown cloaks. Many wear garlands of flowers in their hair, using flowers that symbolize peace in any given locale, depending on where the cleric operates from.
Role-Playing: All clerics of Eldath want to be as calm and placid as a still, quiet pond. Each cleric feels that achieving a state of perfect peace will bring him closer to Eldath herself. No matter how heinous a being is, these clerics will not raise a hand against them. They believe that inner peace lies within all beings, if only everyone would look deep inside themselves and allow it to come forth. Clerics of Eldath try their best to talk and reason with everyone, pointing out to them the futility of violence.
- Clerics of Eldath can turn undead.
- A Cleric of Eldath may utter a soothing word a number of times equal to his level per day. This word affects two hit dice of creatures per level of the priest within a 20-ft radius. Creatures affected by the word cease hostilities and will listen to the cleric for 1d4+1 rounds. At the end of this time, each affected creature must make a saving throw vs spell or end the confrontation completely and walk away peacefully.
- At 3rd level, clerics of Eldath can cast sleep once per day. Note that they will not allow their compatriots to slaughter any sleeping foes.
- At 5th level, clerics of Eldath can cast forget once per day. This is cast with the intention of making the enemy forget its anger and why it is fighting in the hope that the enemy will wander away.
- Clerics of Eldath cannot use any weapon nor wear armor. They cannot use any magical item that brings harm to another, nor can they cast any spell that causes disease or harm.
Return to Religions.