Ruins of Adventure
- Ability Score Adjustment: +1 Muscle, +1 Health, -1 Knowledge
- Class Level Limits: See Racial Level Limits
- Multi-Class Options: Any two (must be from different categories)
- Height (M/F): 84 in / 78 in +2d6
- Weight (M/F): 270 lbs / 220 lbs +6d10
- Starting: 15 +1d4 years
- Adult/Middle/Old/Venerable: 16 / 45 / 60 / 90
- Maximum: 90 +2d20 years
- Bonus Languages: Common, Jogishk
- Recommended Languages: Daraktan, Jotunhaug, Jotunstein, Troll, Gnoll
- Movement: 12
- Half-ogre infravision enables them to discern gradients of heat within 60 feet in darkness.
- Half-ogres gain hit dice by class and receive 4 bonus hit points at 1st level.
- Half-ogres are large creatures and can carry 50% more than a human of similar strength.
- A half-ogre’s tough hide grants him +2 to his natural AC. As with all creatures with natural armor, this is superseded by (does not stack with) actual worn armor. Armor that grants an armor bonus of +2 or less grants a +1 bonus to the half-ogre’s AC (this does stack).
- Half-ogre priests gain minor access to the spheres of Combat, Divination, Healing, Protection, and Sun, in addition to the spheres normally granted to their priest class.
- Single-classed half-ogres with exceptional ability scores are able to advance nearly as high as their human forebears. A single classed half-ogre adds double the normal number of additional levels to his racial maximum (thus a half-ogre cleric with a Wisdom of 18 could potentially reach 10th level).
- Half-Ogres take damage as Large creatures.
- Dwarves and Gnomes gain a +4 bonus to AC against Half-Ogres.
Background: Half-ogres are the offspring of ogre and human matings. They have much of the strength and size of their ogre heritage, but also retain much of the native intelligence and reason of their human side. Half-ogres stand between seven and eight feet tall, appearing as huge humans. The skin coloration that marks ogres is very much subdued in half-ogres: swarthy skin, lank hair and usually, but not always, human eyes.
Half-ogres have a fairly easy time of it, for their monstrous sides are tempered by human thoughts and emotions. Except for their unusual size, they look much like ugly humans. This makes it easier for them to find a place in human society, even if they must hide part of their heritage.