Ruins of Adventure
- Ability Score Adjustment: +1 Stamina, +1 Fitness, -1 Appearance
- Class Level Limits: See Racial Level Limits
- Multi-Class Options: Any two (must be from different categories)
- Height (M/F): 60 in / 58 in +1d12
- Weight (M/F): 135 lbs / 95 lbs +6d10
- Starting: 12 +1d4 years
- Adult/Middle/Old/Venerable: 13 / 30 / 40 / 60
- Maximum: 60 +1d20 years
- Bonus Languages: Common, Daraktan
- Recommended Languages: Chuklian, Dethek, Espruar, Jogishk
- Movement: 12
- Half-orc infravision enables them to discern gradients of heat within 60 feet in darkness.
- Single-classed half-orcs with exceptional ability scores are able to advance nearly as high as their human forebears. A single classed half-orc adds double the normal number of additional levels to his racial maximum (thus a half-orc fighter with a Strength of 20 could potentially reach 20th level).
Background: Half-orcs result from orc unions with virtually any humanoid or demihuman race except elves. These mixed breeds tend to favor their orcish parent, though a small number can pass for ugly humans. PC half orcs are assumed to be crossbreeds within the upper 10% of the mongrel orc-humans that can pass for human. These have the ability to surpass their orcish heritage, rising beyond the limits a normal orc can reach. However, they have difficulty finding a place in either society, as neither culture trusts them.
Half-orcs have an easier time of it as adventurers, for they are usually free of tribal ties. Both heritages reject them, so they must carve their own destiny out of what life throws their way. They often flaunt their superior ability in the presence of full orcs, and tend to associate with humans who do not care about appearances.
Half-orcs tend to be serious and brooding. They seek acceptance and friendship, even though most will have little to do with them. While most of the half-breeds walk the path of neutrality, a few do become lawful good.