Ruins of Adventure
- Races: Any
- Classes: Cleric
- Ability Requirements: none
- Alignments: Good
- Starting Cash: By class
- Allowed Priest Kits: Adviser, Avenger, Barbarian Priest, Chronicler, Flagellant, Guardian, Healer, Herbalist, Moralist, Oracle, Pacifist Priest, Peasant Priest, Ritual Priest, Scholar Priest, Shinobi Priest, Shukenja, Tribal Priest, Wanderer
- Weapon Slots: 1 slot, no additional
- Allowed Weapons: Quarterstaff
- Allowed Armor: No armor or shields
- Bonus Weapon Proficiencies: none
- Required Weapon Proficiencies: Quarterstaff
- Non-weapon Slots: By class
- Available Categories: By class
- Bonus Proficiencies: Endurance, Religion
- Required Proficiencies: none
- Recommended Proficiencies: none
- Forbidden Proficiencies: none
- Major: As Cleric
- Minor: As Cleric
Overview: Ilmater, the crying god, represents suffering, endurance, and martyrdom. Rather than passively accept the pain of others, clerics of Ilmater choose to teach people how to cope with pain and suffering.
Description: The clerics of Ilmater live very simply, and most of them are commonly clad in simple grey robes with a length of rope for a belt. Each wrist has a leather thong tied around it, in honor of Ilmater, although the priest’s wrists are not tied together. Clerics of Ilmater shun armor and shields, and can only use a staff as a weapon.
Role-Playing: The important thing to remember is that clerics of Ilmater are not responsible for removing peoples suffering; they help people endure their sufferings. The clerics are aware that there is much evil and suffering the world, so they emphasize that coping with it makes a person stronger than opposing the pain and losing. There are some clerics, however, who will try to alleviate suffering where it is found, or be an advocate for the rights of the common man. This group of clerics are viewed as radicals within the church.
- Clerics of Ilmater are immune to fear and can cast remove fear on one person per level once a day. In addition, they never fail morale checks.
- Due to their abilities to withstand suffering, clerics of Ilmater can remain active until they reach a negative hit point total equal to their base hit point total. They can only use this ability in melee if they are protecting someone else from getting hurt. Thus, a cleric with 23 hit points will not drop until he is reduced to -24 hit points. When a melee encounter concludes, the cleric must be brought to at least 1 hit point within two rounds or he will die.
- Clerics of Ilmater must give 70% of their treasure to the church of Ilmater.
- These clerics cannot turn undead.
Return to Religions.