Ruins of Adventure
- Name: Ilmater
- Status: Dead
- Portfolio: Endurance, Suffering, Perseverance, Martyrdom, Patron of Orphans and Beggars
- Titles: The Crying God, The Broken God, The Lord of the Rack, The One Who Endures, Lord of the Overlooked, Father of Mercies, The Rack-Broken Lord
- Symbols: A blood-stained rack; A pair of hands bound with a red cord; A field mouse
- Allied Faiths: Lathander, Tyr, The Blessed Afflictor, Torm
- Enemy Faiths: Duvan’Ku, Loviatar
- Pseudonyms: Ayuruk (in The Great Glacier)
Once the god of Suffering and Martyrdom, Ilmater was an old god even in the time of ancient Nog, far predating those gods he served, such as Tyr. Though many like to believe he was murdered by his rival god of suffering, The Blessed Afflictor, on the Day of Black Sun, the truth is that Ilmater willingly gave up his life and power to the younger and darker god, believing the latter to be better equipped to face the challenges that lie ahead.
A final vision from Ilmater bade his faithful to embrace The Blessed Afflictor as their own, and all but a few of his Clerics and Temples have begun changing their banners, greatly bolstering both the spiritual and secular power of the new faith.