Ruins of Adventure
- Name: Loviatar
- Status: Dead
- Portfolio: Agony, Torment, Suffering, Torture
- Titles: The Maiden of Pain, The Willing Whip, The Scourge Mistress, The Maiden of Mercy
- Symbols: A nine-tailed scourge; A slim female left hand, fingertips downward; A white rod of nine bound sticks
- Allied Faiths: Auril, Cyric, Beshaba, Iyachtu Xvim, Malar
- Enemy Faiths: Eldath, Ilmater, Liira, Talona, The Blessed Afflictor
- Pseudonyms: none
Once the goddess of Torment and Torture, for over a year, Loviatar waged war against an upstart rival known as The Blessed Afflictor. On the Day of Black Sun, she joined with Cyric in an assault on numerous other members of the pantheon, hoping to slay the upstart once and for all. Her attack was thwarted, however, when her old nemesis, Ilmater, god of martyrdom, sacrificed his own power to The Blessed Afflictor, enabled the latter to overpower and destroy Loviatar, becoming the sole deity of pain and suffering.
In the days since her death, Loviatar’s faithful have been in disarray, deprived of their powers. Some have already accepted The Blessed Afflictor’s offers of patronage, but many, enraged by the death of their mistress or unwilling to work alongside former Ilmaterans, are looking elsewhere, or may yet reject the gods entirely.