Ruins of Adventure
- Name: Mielikki
- Allegiance: Gods of the Wild; The Four Seasons
- Portfolio: Forests, Animals, Talking Beasts, Fertility, Childbirth, Midwives, Autumn, Dryads, Patron of Rangers, Patron of Silverymoon
- Titles: The Supreme Ranger, Our Lady of the Forest, Daughter of Silvanus, The Unicorn Queen, The Dancer in the Glades, Midwife of the Woods
- Symbols: A white unicorn; A white star balanced on an ash leaf; A unicorn’s head on a green field facing sinister; A golden acorn; A cradle-board
- Worshipper Alignments: LG, NG, CG
Core Doctrine: The true goal of any living thing is to procreate.
- Live in harmony with nature.
- Tend to the sick, the injured, and the weak.
- Plant the seeds of new life whenever and wherever you may.
- Guide, protect, and ensure the survival of the next generation.
- Punish those who indiscriminately cut or burn down trees.
- Punish and frustrate those who would hunt for sport, not food.
- Destroying plants, animals, or natural places without cause.
- Discouraging a child from pursuing their dreams and ambitions.
- Using any form of birth control, or aiding others in obtaining such.
- Allowing harm to come to the pregnant or the young, or a unicorn.
- Allied Faiths: Auril, Chauntea, Eldath, Lolth, Malar, Silvanus, Shaundakul
- Enemy Faiths: Corellon, Talos
- Pesudonyms: Hiatea (among Firbolgs), Khelliara (in Rashamen), Lurue (historic), Shiallia (in the High Forest), Solonor Thelandira (among Elves)
- Races: Elf, Half-elf, Human (Females only)
- Age: Adult or Middle age only
- Classes: Cleric
- Ability Requirements: Fitness 14, Appearance 12, Willpower 12
- Alignments: Good
- Starting Cash: By class
- Weapon Slots: By class
- Allowed Weapons: Any Weapons
- Allowed Armor: Chainmail or lighter, Any Shields
- Bonus Weapon Proficiencies: none
- Required Weapon Proficiencies: Shortsword, Long Bow
- Non-weapon Slots: By class
- Available Groups: Spiritual, Survival, Pastoral, and Martial
- Bonus Proficiencies: Animal Lore, Herbalism, Religion, Tracking
- Required Proficiencies: none
- Recommended Proficiencies: Animal Handling, Direction Sense, Enamor, Healing, Hunting, Land-based Riding, Veterinary Healing, Weather Sense
- Forbidden Proficiencies: none
- Major: All, Animal, Charm, Combat, Divination, Healing, Necromantic, Plant
- Minor: Summoning, Travelers
Overview: The clerics of Mielikki are exclusively human or elven females of grace and purity who ride unicorns and commune with nature as easily as others communicate with each other. The clerics of Mielikki act as guides, enforcers of Mielikki’s doctrines, and intermediaries with the “civilized” world. The clerics actively protect nature by any means necessary, although they prefer to remain quietly hidden in the background
Description: Clerics of Mielikki are human or elven females dressed in suits of elven chainmail and cloaks of elvenkind. The clerics carry themselves with an elegant presence, their every movement as smooth and effortless as a waterfall. These clerics favor the long bow and the short sword as their primary weapons.
The most telling sign of cleric of Mielikki are always pregnant or else have an infant on their hip. Slings and cradle-boards are a common sight, often carefully arranged to keep the cleric’s arms and shoulders free for fighting and shooting.
Role-Playing: Mielikki’s clerics are lovers of nature, and will jealously protect it. Although they are serious in their duties, these clerics also enjoy laughter and fun. Clerics of Mielikki are notorious flirts, and often quite promiscuous, but only for the purpose of procreation. Many a man has had his heart broken when used by one of these beautiful priestess solely for the purpose of getting her pregnant, then being left behind.
Clerics of Mielikki see themselves as knowledgeable in the ways of city and town dwelling men, and also learned in Mielikki’s ways of the forest. They do their best to live out her ethos of coexistence between the wild and the civilized. Wise and patient, the clerics often go exploring with adventuring parties, and they combat threats to the forests while trying to instruct their companions on the harmony of the woods.
- Beginning clerics of Mielikki get a free short sword, long bow, and a suit of chain mail armor. At 5th level, the cleric earns her cloak of elvenkind, and at 7th level she receive her own suit of elven chain mail.
- Clerics of Mielikki advance in attack bonus as if they were warriors.
- When in a forested area, all clerics of Mielikki can cast a variant of the Analyze Balance spell at will. This ability works on characters, creatures, or objects, or on an area of the forest itself. If used on creatures or objects, it works as the spell. If used on the forest, this ability allows the cleric to detect if the ecology of the forested area is seriously disrupted.
- Clerics of Mielikki can speak with plants at will at 3rd level.
- At 6th level, each cleric of Mielikki undertakes a vigil in a grove dedicated to Mielikki. During that vigil, she will meet a Unicorn. This beautiful animal is not a servant to be commanded, but rather an ally, friend, and equal companion, as well as a willing mount. Given this rapport between rider and mount, there have been instances where unicorns have charged into certain death to save a beloved cleric.
- Clerics of Mielikki cannot turn undead.
- Because of their encouragement of procreation, the Eldren consider clerics of Mielikki (especially elven clerics) to be abominations and heretics of the highest order, second only to Lolth and her ilk. NPC reactions when encountering one of the Eldren are always rolled on the Hostile column.
- Only females of child-bearing age can be clerics of Mielikki, and they must become pregnant before joining the church. A cleric of Mielikki who is neither pregnant, nor nursing a child, loses all spells and powers until she is once again with child.
Return to Religions.