Ruins of Adventure
- Ability Score Adjustment: +1 Strength, -2 Wisdom
- Class Level Limits: See Racial Level Limits
- Multi-Class Options: Mage (may be a specialist) + any one non-wizard, or Fighter/Mage/Thief
- Height (M/F): 114 in / 96 in +2d6
- Weight (M/F): 810 lbs / 780 lbs +4d10
- Starting: 20 +1d4 years
- Middle/Old/Venerable: 82 / 116 / 175
- Maximum: 175 +2d20 years
- Bonus Languages: Common, Jogishk, Auld Tharian
- Recommended Languages: Jotunalder or by region
- Movement: 9, FL 15 (B)
- Thief Skills:
- Pick Pockets: -5%
- Open Locks: —
- Find/Remove Traps: —
- Move Silently: —
- Hide in Shadows: —
- Detect Noise: —
- Climb Walls: -15%
- Read Languages: +5%
- Special Abilities:
- Ogre magi gain hit dice by class and receive 5 bonus hit points at 1st level.
- Ogre magi are large creatures and can carry 50% more than a human of similar strength.
- An ogre magi’s tough hide grants him +6 to his natural AC. As with all creatures with natural armor, this is superseded by (does not stack with) actual worn armor. Armor that grants an armor bonus of +6 or less grants a +1 bonus to the ogre magi’s AC (this does stack).
- Ogre magi receive a +1 bonus to their morale scores, including saves vs. magical fear effects.
- Ogre magi develop special abilities as they gain levels:
- 1st: Gaseous Form 1/day (as the potion)
- 1st: Fly (as the spell) for 12 turns per day (broken up into 1 turn increments)
- 2nd: Invisibility at will (as the spell)
- 2nd: Charm Person 1/day
- 3rd: Sleep 1/day
- 3rd: Regenerate 1hp per round (lost members must be reattached to regenerate)
- 4th: Darkness (10-ft. radius) at will
- 5th: Polymorph (any humanoid of S to L size) at will
- 5th: Cone of Cold (60-ft. cone, 8d8 damage) 1/day
- Special Restrictions:
- Ogre magi take damage as Large creatures.
- Ogre magi must earn twice the normal number of experience points to advance each level (i.e. a 2nd level Fighter requires 4000xp instead of the usual 2000xp).
Background: Ogre magi have light blue, light green, or pale brown skin. Ivory horns jut from their foreheads. They are 10½ feet tall, with black nails, dark eyes with white pupils, and white teeth and tusks. They favor oriental clothing, armor, and weapons.
These larger, more intelligent ogres live in fortified dwellings or caves. They raid for slaves, treasure and food, and are very protective of their young. They follow many oriental traditions, including respect and honor for their clans and clan symbols.
Ogre magi are more civilized than their primitive, smaller cousins. This does not make them less fierce or dangerous, just smarter and more cultured. They prefer to use magic instead of physical force, and are much more reflective than normal ogres.