Ruins of Adventure
- Races: Human
- Classes: Any
- Ability Requirements: Muscle 12
- Alignments: Any
- Starting Cash: 3d4 x10gp
- Bonus Languages: Erakic
- Recommended Languages: Chardic, Tharian, Uloushinn
- Weapon Slots: -1 slot
- Non-weapon Slots: By class
- Available Categories: By class
- Bonus Weapon Proficiencies: Broadsword, Shortbow
- Bonus Non-Weapon Proficiencies: Land-based Riding, Tracking
- Required Proficiencies: none
- Recommended Proficiencies: none
- Forbidden Proficiencies: Any Social Proficiencies, Any Academic Proficiencies
Overview: The Ride is the home of a race of human horsemen barbarians. They are nomads who travel the length and breadth of the Ride. During their migrations, they often come into conflict with the Zhentarim to the south and the humanoid tribes in Thar to the east.
Description: The people of the Ride, called the “Eraka” in their own tongue, are all healthy, robust humans with tanned skin and bulky, muscular builds. They primarily wear leather and studded leather armor, though warriors-in-training can have padded armor. Broad swords and short bows are the standard weapons. Other favored weapons are those used in both missile and melee combat, like spears.
Role-Playing: The Eraka do not concern themselves with social graces, governments, or politics. They prize individual initiative and the freedom to ride when and where they please.
- Each Eraka starts with a short bow, a broad sword, and a combat trained Sosser horse for free.
- Eraka suffer a -2 penalty to their starting Knowledge scores, reflecting the general lack of education among these people.
- The Eraka also cannot wear armor any heavier than studded leather, regardless of class.
Return to Homelands.